Free Cell Phones Make money giving away free cell phones!

non-javascript player

Google

Free Cell Phones
Wild Poll
North. Korea threatened US with Nuclear War, what should we do?

ignore them
apologize
beg them not to nuke us
let some other country deal with them
go see a movie
threaten them with nuclear war
drop a nuke on them
drop a lot of nukes on them

view results






Passionate America Site Feed

Subscribe to the Passionate America Feed
Add to My AOL
Passionate America Feed
Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to Google
Subscribe to Passionate America

I'm a
Passionate Person
in the
TTLB Ecosystem


Top Blogs

Passionate America Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
The Best Military Sites on the Internet - BestMilitarySites.com


Powered by Blogger



Wide Awakes Radio website
Check Out The Promo
The Passionate America Show LIVE every Saturday Night 10pm to 1am CST The Passionate America Show Website!

Main | Contact | About
feedburner audioPA Podcasts


Wild Bill Needs Help


Blogging Man 2007


Okie Blogger Round-up 2006
Blog Oklahoma < ? Blog Oklahoma * >

Join the 101st Fighting Keyboardists!


Free Cell Phones

Monday, September 27, 2004

Oklahoma Gazette Editor Rob Collins contacts Wild Bill

I received an interesting phone call today. Rob Collins the editor of the Oklahoma Gazette called me in reference to my post, The Next mini Rathergate? Duffegate? Mr. Collins wanted my god given name and said they might want to use my email in an upcoming issue of the Oklahoma Gazette.


If I thought the Gazette would actually publish my email, I would give him my full name in a heartbeat. The problem I have is that I have this strange feeling that what they really wanted was my name so they could research a hit piece on me. Mr. Collins said that I might be interested in an upcoming story in the Oklahoma Gazette about bloggers. I probably would be interested in a story about bloggers, but do I believe the story will be fair? I do not want to judge a book by its cover, but I regularly read the Gazette and feel confident that the only bloggers that will be portrayed in a positive way will be anti-Bush bloggers.


I do not believe the Gazette to be a fair and balanced publication. Liberal points of view dominate almost every page of the Gazette. On the rare instance, that an almost conservative point of view is presented it is usually the most incoherent person they can find.


Have you ever watched coverage of the aftermath of a tornado in Oklahoma? The news reporters find the nearest destroyed trailer park. They search through the wreckage of the trailer park in an attempt to find a resident that can offer a first hand account of the terrible twister. Whom do they find? Why they find the most illiterate, toothless excuse for an Oklahoman they can find. This is the same method, I believe the Oklahoma Gazette uses in its search for conservative viewpoints.


I do not live in a trailer park and I still have all of my teeth, so I am perplexed as to why Mr. Collins would contact me in an attempt to get my full name. Sounds more like, "lets find some dirt on this evil conservative" than an actual interest in publishing an alternative view point. Of course, I could be wrong, but I feel like the hammer is driving the nail into the coffin squarely here. Should I trust Editor Rob Collins to publish my letter to the editor, or does this feel more like a setup?




Passionate America Main Page