Free Cell Phones Make money giving away free cell phones!

non-javascript player

Google

Free Cell Phones
Wild Poll
North. Korea threatened US with Nuclear War, what should we do?

ignore them
apologize
beg them not to nuke us
let some other country deal with them
go see a movie
threaten them with nuclear war
drop a nuke on them
drop a lot of nukes on them

view results






Passionate America Site Feed

Subscribe to the Passionate America Feed
Add to My AOL
Passionate America Feed
Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to Google
Subscribe to Passionate America

I'm a
Passionate Person
in the
TTLB Ecosystem


Top Blogs

Passionate America Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
The Best Military Sites on the Internet - BestMilitarySites.com


Powered by Blogger



Wide Awakes Radio website
Check Out The Promo
The Passionate America Show LIVE every Saturday Night 10pm to 1am CST The Passionate America Show Website!

Main | Contact | About
feedburner audioPA Podcasts


Wild Bill Needs Help


Blogging Man 2007


Okie Blogger Round-up 2006
Blog Oklahoma < ? Blog Oklahoma * >

Join the 101st Fighting Keyboardists!


Free Cell Phones

Monday, March 06, 2006

Wild Bill's Award Winning Chili

Guest Blogging over at Chef Michele's Adventures
Here is my guest blog post:

When you are a married stay-at-home Dad of two growing boys and the family is living on one (small) paycheck you learn how to be frugal. Being frugal does not mean that a little competitive fun is out of the question, so when my wife informed me about the chili competition at her work, I just had to enter. Now I’d never entered any kind of cooking competition, so I had my work cut out for me.

I headed to the store with a shopping list, $10, and a dream. Shopping without a list is a no no on a tight budget, so I wrote my list and headed off to Wally World (Wal-mart for those of you that don not live in Oklahoma.) The $10 was for my chili fixin’s and a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper, (my wife has to have her Dr. Pepper.) And the dream was to pound my chest, make grunting noises, and loudly declare to the world that I am a winner, I AM A WINNER!


(chili and beer, YUM!)

Here is my chili recipe:
  • 1 med onion (chopped)
  • 1 green bell pepper (chopped)
  • 2 pounds ground chili meat
  • 1 pound ground sausage
  • 2 Table spoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 3 Table spoons minced garlic
  • 1 10oz can milder or regular Rotel
  • 1 15oz can Hunt’s seasoned diced tomato sauce for chili
  • 1 8oz can tomato sauce
  • 1 packet “Old Hammett Chili Seasoning*
  • 1 cup beef broth

Add chili meat, sausage, onion, green pepper, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and garlic to a BIG pot. Cook until meat is browned. Drain fat (got to watch our figures.) Return meat to pot, add remaining ingredients and simmer covered for 30-45 minutes. Serve and eat. For best flavor put in refrigerator over night.

Sounds simple doesn’t it? It is, and boy is it gooooood!

The next day my wife took my chili to work in our crock pot. I patiently waited for my wife to get home and when she walked in the door with an empty crock pot I started to well up with pride. She hugged me, then handed me an iPod Shuffle and told me I won 1st place. My $10 pot of chili landed me an iPod, appreciation from the wife, and the title of Chili Champion, not to shabby, if I do say so myself.


(My 2 year old likes my Chili too.)

I want to thank Michele for letting me guest blog. Now I feel like a celebrity!


Previous/related:


keywords:



Passionate America Main Page