Free Cell Phones Make money giving away free cell phones!

non-javascript player

Google

Free Cell Phones
Wild Poll
North. Korea threatened US with Nuclear War, what should we do?

ignore them
apologize
beg them not to nuke us
let some other country deal with them
go see a movie
threaten them with nuclear war
drop a nuke on them
drop a lot of nukes on them

view results






Passionate America Site Feed

Subscribe to the Passionate America Feed
Add to My AOL
Passionate America Feed
Subscribe in Bloglines
Add to Google
Subscribe to Passionate America

I'm a
Passionate Person
in the
TTLB Ecosystem


Top Blogs

Passionate America Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com
Blogarama - The Blog Directory
The Best Military Sites on the Internet - BestMilitarySites.com


Powered by Blogger



Wide Awakes Radio website
Check Out The Promo
The Passionate America Show LIVE every Saturday Night 10pm to 1am CST The Passionate America Show Website!

Main | Contact | About
feedburner audioPA Podcasts


Wild Bill Needs Help


Blogging Man 2007


Okie Blogger Round-up 2006
Blog Oklahoma < ? Blog Oklahoma * >

Join the 101st Fighting Keyboardists!


Free Cell Phones

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Does Your Blog Load Slow?

***Updates at the bottom***

Basil from basil’s blog has a post that hits a little close to home for me. Speeding Up Your Blog (Revisited)

I guess I am busted. Here is a list of basil’s suggestions on how to get your blog to load faster. Check out how many suggestions I have violated:
  1. Graphics (love graphics and I hate how slow my blog loads, some things got to give.)

  2. Blogrolls (I have a lot of blogrolls on Passionate America. Not sure what I should do about the problem.)

  3. Other Third Party Code (The Truth Laid Bear Ecosystem, check; Sitemeter, check; Google Ads, check; Amazon.com Ads, check)

  4. Tables (My new blog template uses table to make the header, sidebars, and main column of my blog. Looks like I need a new template)

  5. Order In The Blog (I’m not really sure about this one, but it is possible that my blog loads in the wrong order.)

Looks like I have a lot of work to do to fix the slow loading of Passionate America. I’d like to find a new template that works well on Blogger, has a sidebar on the left and the right, and does not use tables to make the sidebars. Have any suggestions?

Update: I'm looking for ways to fix the slow loading here at Passionate America. I'll be working on the blog template of this blog for most of the day. If you have any suggestions on how I can improve the look and page loading time of this blog please leave a comment and I will consider your suggestion.

Update #2: Well I redesigned Passionate America so it will load faster. I think it loads a lot faster. It still loads TTLB Ecosystem stats and Blogrolling blogrolls a little slow, but over all it is much faster. Thanks basil.



Passionate America Main Page